Frothingham Electronics | For more information, visit us at www.frothingham.com
FEC CV400 Diode Tester
The CV400 tests silicon Transient Voltage Suppressor (TVS) diodes, uni-polar and bipolar. The waveform used for the main test is the 10/1000Ás waveform.
The tester can also produce 8/20Ás and 6/70Ás exponential waveforms, 8.3ms half sine and rectangle pulses.
These tests not only prove the ability of the DUT to endure the pulses without failure, but also measure the peak voltage across the device during the pulse.
The CV400 can also measure the VZ of the device both before and after the pulse. Limits may be applied to the absolute value of these VZ tests and to the difference between them. If the initial VZ is outside the programmed limits, the part can be rejected and the main pulse not be applied.
IR can be measured before and after the main pulse. This test is intended to detect damage due to the main pulse which is too slight to be detected by the main pulse or VZ test.
The tester is designed to work with one or two automatic handlers or manual test stations. Bin sort outputs sort the parts into good devices that pass all requirements, several classes of rejects, and those parts which were not completely tested because of some fault condition.
- Maximum Peak Current 800A
- Maximum Peak Voltage 160V
- The tester is designed to work with one or two automatic handlers or manual test stations.
- Guaranteed Peak Power (7.5V to 160V) 15KW
- Worst case peak current error at ▒ 3%
- Worst case current error at 1ms ▒ 1.5%
- Rise time of current (10% to 90%) 6Ás to 12Ás
- Accuracy of VC readout 5V to 160V ▒1%
- Accuracy of VZ readout 5V to 160V ▒ .25%
These testers are equally at home doing production sorting or accurate QC or HI-REL testing with data-logging and statistics. Reports for statistical process control (SPC) are very easy to produce.